Tuesday, June 5, 2007

My next goal...

I find that I tend to better budget and control my finances when I have a goal. So, now that I have purchased my condo and have it all furnished and don't need to buy anything else for it, I am on to my next goal. I would like to put extra money towards my mortgage so that I can drop the PMI as soon as possible. As of right now, not taking in to account the appreciation, I will need to pay $22573.62 in order to have the 20% equity to drop the PMI. I have always been one to overpay my minimums in order to clear debt as quickly as possible and I found that once I had my debt paid off, I was kind of at a loss for what to do with my money. I know that sounds funny, but I am a very goal driven person, so I think this will be good for me and help me not foolishly spend my money. I'll keep you posted on how it is going.

No comments: