Thursday, June 14, 2007

Maxed out

Has anyone seen this movie? I watched it last night, it was really informative, I thought about the state of debt in our nation and where it has been and where it is going. Some of the people on there were really in dire straits and others just thought that they were owed the right to borrow so much money. "It's the American way!" Not for this American, thank you! It's really disheartening to hear that the credit card companies seek out those with low incomes/no incomes because these are the people they make their money off of, not people like me that pay my balance in full every month! If you get the chance to see this documentary, I highly suggest it!

3 comments:

shinyruby2 said...

ohh I've heard about this movie and can't wait to see it!

I haven't heard about it being released here in sydney australia yet, but i will be there when it is out!

thanks for a fab (and inspiring!) blog x

AndyfromSimi said...

A few days ago, I overheard a conversation about foreclosures in our area. The gist of the conversation was not that the job market is plunging or a recession is occurring, it was just about how many people are too deep in consumer debt and refinance their houses at a drop of a hat. Seems many of my neighbors at Maxed Out. I, like you, save every two weeks... Credit cards are only used for emergencies or gas so I can track my spending. Pay the bill off every month. You won't get interest from me.

Funny thing, these same big spenders are probably the same types that would think my blog to be a useless pursuit.

Escape Brooklyn said...

Thanks for the movie rec; I hadn't heard of it! I just added it to my Netflix queue and hope to have it this weekend.