Tuesday, May 15, 2007

out of control spending....

Seems to be the song I am singing lately! I hate it when I go through spurts like this. I know a lot of it is due to moving into my new condo and wanting to have it all set up the way I want right away. And thankfully this month I haven't had to pay rent or my first mortgage payment so there is room in the budget to play a little. Maybe that's why I feel like I am spending so much money. I think I will have to really take a look at it and see, I bet I am really spending less money since I didn't have a housing payment to make. I'm just not use to shopping so much! Seems like every time I come home I have a bag or 2 to carry in with me. My next big purchase coming up is going to be area rugs to cover my hardwoods and I have found a wonderful place to shop for them with reasonable prices. The online site is www.rugsgalore.com and they have free shipping! I am lucky that they have a store near me that I can go and see the rugs up close, I've been and they are beautiful. They even let you take them home for 3 days to see if you like them before you have to pay for them. Hopefully this next weekend I will find what I am looking for and will really feel like things are settled in at my place. I have also decided that I probably won't take a "real" vacation this year, instead I will use my vacation time in long weekends and enjoy my new condo and the amenities there. Along with some pampering like massages, manicures and pedicures and the like. Should be relaxing and easier on the budget. Plus there is so much in my area that I haven't ever seen, I think I will play tourist in my own town. I hope everyone is having a wonderful spring and is sticking to their budget better than I am. :) Make it a great day!

1 comment:

SMB said...

C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S on the condo purchase! And thanks for the tip about rugs galore--it looks like they have a huge selection! Our new house will have hardwood flooring too, and we may need a new one for our living room.