Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Getting back into the swing of things....

Now that I have moved in to my new condo and am starting to feel settled, it's time I got back to watching the budget and being more conservative in my spending ways. I am back to cooking for myself every night and bringing my lunch to work again everyday. I had pretty much run through all of my groceries before moving so there wasn't much there when I decided to start cooking again. I made a big run to the store and am pretty stocked up and should be for quite some time. Now it's time for me to plug the leak in my spending that seems to have occurred during moving. Now I am the type of person that once motivated tends to go overboard when jumping in to something. I will work on trying to tighten up my spending, but not making it so tight I squeak! Does anyone have any suggestions on finding the happy medium? Now that I have debt again, I look at my mortgage balance and I think, "I just want that debt gone!" I know that it's not a realistic thought, so please help me out here! Thanks! As always, make it a great day!

2 comments:

SavingDiva said...

Congrats on buying a home. I just stumbled across your blog. I'm in the process of saving for a downpayment.

Escape Brooklyn said...

I find paying an extra 10% towards the mortgage (or, in my case, a home equity loan because the interest rate is higher) helps me feel that I'm making progress without being too restrictive. I also pay an extra 25% towards my student loans because that's what it will take to pay it off by 2015.

Congrats on the new place - it's exciting and seems like it all happened so fast! Any pics yet?