Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Frugal weekend, but had lots of fun...

This past weekend I stayed home and really enjoyed my new condo. I sat out on my deck when it was nice and had dinner and wine while watching the sunset. On Friday night a friend and I went to the Folk Life Festival and had a great time just wandering around and taking in all the culture. Didn't buy a darn thing! Saturday, I was up with the chickens and was out walking. Came home and read a book for awhile and finally figured out how to download music onto my iPod that I had received for Christmas! Yeah! Another friend came over for dinner on Saturday night and we watched a few tapes of our favorite shows to catch up. Sunday, again up with the chickens and out the door for a good long walk, this time in the rain! Yikes! Oh well, came home and had a nice hot shower and spent the day inside reading and baking cookies. Did some crossword puzzles and went to bed early. Monday morning, up and out the door for a walk in the beautiful sunny morning! I went to Ikea later and bought a runner for my hallway for only $19.99 no tax this weekend! I was pleased with this purchase as I had been looking at a runner for $300! I definitely feel like I got a bargain! Monday evening went to see Pirates of the Caribbean 3, good, but pretty gruesome! The little theater downtown shows new movies for only $7.00, which is much better than $9.75 at the multiplex! So, all in all a fun rather frugal weekend. I finished my book early and didn't have a thing in the house to read for the rest of Sunday and all of Monday. I must hit the library on my way home tonight or while I am out walking. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend as well!

3 comments:

The Big Saver said...

Sounds like you had a nice leisurely weekend!

I had to laugh when I read about the iPod. When I first got mine for some reason I was so intimidated, but now it's a piece of cake.

It'll be great for your morning walks!

SMB said...

That sounds like a fabulous weekend! I thought about going to Folklife, but ended up not going...maybe next year!

Bailey said...

Sounds like a great frugal weekend.

Marti and I also went to see the new Pirates movie, but we went to a drive-in about 30 minutes from our place. We have fallen in love with it. You can sit outside and enjoy the weather, bring your own picnic dinner, and see 2 movies for $8 a person. The nice thing is they show new movies. So we saw Pirates 3 and Wild Hogs (Alright, so the second half of the double feature was a bit weak!)