Thursday, March 8, 2007

Selling more items.....

As I mentioned before, my office just moved and as we are settling in, we seem to be getting rid of a bunch of things. Seems that my co-workers don't want to be bothered with these items either seeing if they are usable or trying to sell them on eBay or Craigslist, they would just rather toss them out and buy new. Well, isn't that the American way? Ha! So, I am taking a printer home for my personal use that no one wants, and another one that works just fine, but isn't top of the line. This one I will list on Craigslist, along with 2 stereos that we have at the office and a futon possibly! Not only do we have the printers, but also all of the ink cartridges to go with them. And a laptop that no one is using, they were going to pay to dispose of it, the hard drive crashed, but all of the other components can be reused, I will sell this one as well. Sheesh! I could make a nice little deposit into my savings with all this loot! :) And I won't be filling up a landfill! I'm thrilled to get a new (to me) color printer to have at home. I'm sure as we settle in, there will be more to come for me to sell and less for them to throw away. My co-workers and friends can't believe that I wouldn't want to buy a new car or have new clothes every week. Why would I try to save as much of my hard earned money as possible?? I am currently working on saving 1/3 of my income and hoping to increase that as I learn to conserve even more. They all think my frugal ways are crazy and that I am nuts for putting, what they consider, so much effort in to things like this, but let's see, I am debt free and they are mostly all in debt up to their eyeballs. Who do you think sleeps better and night and is happier? I laugh all the way to the bank.....

1 comment:

Debt Hater said...

People do great getting second-hand stuff. They have an eye for "junk" that really isn't junk at all -- or they turn it into treasure. It's a skill I don't have but need to learn.