Monday, March 19, 2007

Pretty excited about my find this weekend....

I had just been thinking the other day that I hate how many plastic and paper bags I seem to get stuck with after going grocery shopping and wish I had some of those neat canvas bags that I could reuse over and over again. Well, I know I am on a grocery hiatus this month, but I had to bring something to my mom's for St. Patty's Day dinner, so off to the store. Well as I was in line to pay, I noticed that they have these great canvas bags for sale, for only $.99! I grab 2 and off I go to pay for my items. And what do ya know, every time I bring my bags back in, I get a 5 cent credit for each bag I reuse. It will take a long time for them to pay for themselves with the little bit of shopping that I do, but it is much better for the environment and I won't get stuck with a huge surplus of bags! I like it!

1 comment:

Escape Brooklyn said...

That's such a great idea! I've been using the canvas bags for a couple of years now and it really does make me feel all green. I wish my grocery stores gave me a credit, though.