Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Found money

What do you do with found money? I ask because yesterday I was out for a walk and on the sidewalk I found some bills folded up together. To my surprise, it was $17.00!!! What a nice little windfall and since it was on the sidewalk and there was no way to determine who it could have belonged to, I put it in my pocket. As I have said before, I find change on the ground all the time, but I have never found something like this. What would you do with it? I am very, very frugal, so much so that this could buy me my groceries for at least a week and a half, so I don't know what to do with it. Should I put it in my ever growing savings account or should I splurge and treat myself to something nice? Or should I donate it? Answers please.....and thank you! :)

4 comments:

Escape Brooklyn said...

Wow! I never find that much. Congrats! I'd probably splurge with all of it, buying a fancy coffee drink or a nice dinner out, since you weren't expecting it anyway. But if that feels too frivolous, maybe put half towards savings/debt repayment and treat yourself with the other half!

shawna said...

I found $27 in the parking lot at Disneyland once. It was awesome, but I kinda felt bad for the people that lost it and there was no one around. I used it for lunch out. :)

Debt Hater said...

Oh heck, you found it on the street. Go buy yourself something nice.

AndyfromSimi said...

Just found your site... Invest it! I've tripled the money I have found since January 1, 2000 with investments in shares of NYSE listed, dividend paying Real Estate Investment Trusts. Free Money should be put to good uses.