Friday, March 23, 2007

Do you know your number???

Do you know what your credit score is? As I was saying a couple of posts ago, I really want to become a homeowner in the next year or so. Well, I decided to meet with a mortgage broker and see where I am currently and what I might need to do in order to get my financial house in order to obtain a mortgage. So, I called a gal I know a couple of days ago. I spoke to her on the phone last night and again this morning. She was going to run my credit report today and get back to me. All day I waited anxiously to hear from her. She finally called me 10 minutes before I left work with the good news. My 3 scores came back in the excellent category as 795, 820 and 791 creating an average score of 802!! I am thrilled! I couldn't be more pleased, nor could she. She said it is very rare for her to find someone with such a great credit rating! I am on cloud nine right now. I will be meeting with her on Monday to run some numbers to see what I am comfortable with so I can begin my search for a home to buy. I knew I had good credit, but I had no idea it was that good. I also have a realtor friend that I called and filled her in on the good news, she said she has NEVER had a client with that good of credit! So, yeah for me! So, now the hunt will soon begin for a condo/townhouse for me to call home! I am really picky, so I have a feeling this may take awhile, but at least I will be pre-approved so that if I find the right thing I will be ready. I will keep you all posted on how it is going, in the meantime I will continue to live frugally and save at least 32% of my salary giving me more for a down payment and bulking up the emergency fund. Happy Friday all! Perhaps I should use one of my free Blockbuster coupons to get a movie to celebrate! :)

1 comment:

Tired of being broke said...

That is definitely a credit score to be proud of. Good luck with the house hunting.