Monday, February 19, 2007

Update on my personal challenge

So far, so good! I think I will make it through the month with my savings account in tact and still pay off my credit card as usual. It looks like I will actually be able to add some money to my savings account as well, but I am not counting those chickens yet. If there is money left in my checking account at the end of the month I will transfer it to my savings. I went grocery shopping over the weekend and stocked up on food, so I won't have to go again this month and I don't have many plans for the next week and a half, so it is doubtful I will be spending much money. I was also asked this morning by a friend's parent if I would be available to watch their puppy this weekend at their house as they have to go out of town unexpectedly. They will pay me for this and I will be able to stay at their house which is nice. That will save me on food and utilities at my own place and will be a nice little vacation as they live in a REALLY nice house. :) So, I will pick up a little extra money and have a good time too! Yeah!

1 comment:

ambellamy said...

Sounds good to me... win win all around.

I love house sitting. Especially for my two friends who have boxers... but i do it as a favor for them because I love their dog mayhem... and its a favor for me because i don't have to go home to my mom's place for a couple of days