Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I am in declutter mode

Yesterday I was reading several blogs and I forget which one I read it on, and I apologize now for not giving credit where credit is due, but someone mentioned Plato's closet. Now I have seen these stores before and never really given it much thought, but after checking out there website I thought I might have a lot of things that I could sell there. I went home last night and poured through my closet and armoire coming up with 2 bags of hopefully usable items. I will take them in tomorrow and see if I can get any cash for my things that I don't need or use and hopefully make someone else very happy. I was thrilled to see more space in my closet and even more thrilled that I didn't feel the need to go shopping to fill it back up. I also came across some things that I will be listing on eBay sometime in the next week or so. I still haven't listed my items that I mentioned last week. I must get on that. I love decluttering, things always feel so clean and opened up after doing so. Any extra money I make will be nice to put in my savings for my down payment and it will be less items that I will have to move later. :) Win/win situation! Does anybody else ever get the urge to declutter like this? Must be a little bit of spring fever for me......

2 comments:

Debt Hater said...

I did it a few weekends ago. It felt good to look at things I'd been keeping and say "What the heck do I need this for?" and toss it. I haven't been as proactive as you though. My clutter is still sitting in a bag in the closet waiting to be sold or donated! But you've inspired me, I'll get on it!

ambellamy said...

yup.... i'm in declutter mode because i don't want to find boxes to pack things i won't use anymore.


and i'm getting new stuff for my place (gifts... some stuff i'm buying) and i don't want to have to deal with junk i won't need anymore.